Suggested last month by mussamaina some challenges using keyboard keys.
- Write a program to move a sprite on the GraphicsWindow using arrow keys.
Try to make it as smooth and responsive as possible.
- Extend the program to make the sprite jump when the space key is pressed.
- Extend the program to drag and drop the sprite using the mouse when left mouse button is down.
- Write a program to make the GraphicsWindow behave like the TextWindow so you can emulate as many of the TextWindow commands as possible, like WriteLine, Read etc.
- Write a program to work like a simple musical instrument using keyboard keys to play notes
- Write a Turtle program to draw a triangle, square, pentagon and circle.
- Write a program to count down from 100 in 1 second intervals.
- Write a program to add 10 numbers entered by a user.
- Write a program to draw a hand.
- Write a program to randomly position, color, size and rotate 100 squares in the GraphicsWindow.
- Write a program to display the planets moving round the sun – try to get the orbit times roughly correct.
- Add the moon orbiting the earth.
- Add some comets with elliptical orbits around the sun – they move faster when near the sun.
Elliptical orbits were first described by Johannes Kepler and later explained by Isaac Newton.
TextWindow Game Challenge
Write a TextWindow based adventure game.
The important part will be to plan out the game first, like what the player needs to find along the way to progress.
GrahicsWindow Game Challenge
- Write a simple putting game like http://thesimplearcade.com/play/mini-putt.html.
- Perhaps several could colabrate to make different levels or even write the game so that it is easy to add levels.
(by YLed) Meteor shower Quadrantids LINK