- Write a program to count the number of vowels in a sentense.
- Write a program to translate a sentence between some of the languages supported by the Dictionaryobject.
- Write a program to write out the times tables to the TextWindow.
Use colour and positioning to tabulate the numbers to make the display clear and easy to read.
- Write a program to flash an object when the mouse passes over it.
- Extend the program to have several randomly positioned shapes.
- Write a program to move objects with some depth perspective – objects further away appear to move more slowly, they may also be fainter and be positioned behind foreground objects to help the effect.
- Modify the program to move some stationary (or even moving) objects at different distances when the user’s view changes.
- Write a program with subroutines to move Triangle and Line shapes.
The subroutines should be able to move the shapes so their center is at defined coodinates.
- Write a program to rotate and move a Line shape so that it rotates like a second hand on a watch.
- Write a program to write a musical phrase for use with the Music object to standard notation on a stave.
- Write a program to solve quadratic equations.
- Write a program to calculate all the internal angles of a triangle from the coordinates of the corners.
- Write a simple FPS (first person shooter) game.
When you move in an FPS, it is the player’s view that moves – this is the same as moving the objects in the view in the opposite direction.
- Write a solitair marbles game.