The following file operations are not present in Small Basic, can you write subroutines to perform these operations?
WARNING – Please be super careful testing your code not to delete anything accidentally – work only in a new folder you create for your tests.
- Write a program to ‘click and drag’ a shape in the GraphicsWindow.
- Perhaps then use this code to create a simple game where the player positions objects on the screen to win, perhaps like a small jigsaw puzzle.
- Can you help write some simple programs to help test young students arithmetic – lots of colour, interaction etc.
See this thread for some reference.
- Write a captcha program.
This is anything that a person could answer, but a computer couldn’t.
It can be a picture with hidden text or many other questions like a simple math sum etc.
- Write a TextWindow program to get the computer to play Fiz Buz.
Numbers are output in order 1, 2, 3 etc and every number that is divisble by 3 is relaced by ‘Fiz’ and ‘Buz’ for 5 and ‘FizBuz’ if both apply.
Perhaps also try some other variants.
- HINT: Check out the Math.Remainder method.
- Write a simple poker or other card game.
- Include the computer as a player with AI if possible.
By Ed Price
- Write a Dragon Game.
It can be any game where you try to slay a dragon, whether it is a text-based game, graphical, or a combination.
You could also make the dragon the hero.