- Write a program to input 5 numbers and then output them in ascending and descending order (sorted small to big and big to small).
- Write a program to replace all occurrences of vowels in a sentence with ‘*’.
- Write a program to draw a picture of a soccer stadium (think world cup in Brasil).
Then have a go at Game Challenge 2.
- Write a GraphicsWindow program with buttons to change the background colour of the window.
Perhaps add some texboxes to enter a colour by name or even values for red, green and blue.
- Write a program to draw a pie chart
- Write a program to calculate the first 1000 prime numbers
We have had some great game challenge entries recently, so here are 3 more…
Game Challenge 1
Write a ‘frustration’ board game.
Game Challenge 2
Write a soccer penalty shootout game for 2 players, the striker and the goalkeeper.
The graphics can be quite simple – the challenge is all about gameplay.
Game Challenge 3
Write a FPS (First Person Shooter).
A 3D version is unrealistic, but a simple 2D one is quite possible.
I am thinking of enemies that come and go and may shoot at you.
The player has to react and aim with the mouse and fire with a button click to kill the enemies.
Hint: Start with basics of game play (mouse events – variable arrays for enemies and game loop) before adding fancy sound or visual effects.
- Make a Escape Game and it have 3 rooms.
- Make a Adjustable Hourglass.
- Make a Screen keyboard.
- Create your program database.
- Create a ticker tape animation.
- Create a piano recorder using piano sound of Sound.PlayMusic().
by Jibba Jabba
- Write some code that works out how to center a Window between the top and bottom of the screen.
- Make a “flash screen” with or without using an extension.
Center it in the screen.
(You can search the forum for how to do this).
- Click and drag an image.
A little sample here: Import ID: JXW401.