Curriculum Challenges 3.2
- Write a program to read in a user’s name, then create an array of the letters using Shapes.AddText for each letter.
Then animate the Text shapes in the array to reveal the name on the GraphicsWindow.
- Write a program using arrays to store 20 balls and move them all in some way on the GraphicsWindow.
- Write a program to shuffle a pack of cards and add the shuffled cards to a stack so they can be ‘popped’ or dealt.
- Draw a dial (perhaps a speedometer or some other dial).
It should be able to animate as a value is changed.
- Write a short turtle program (10 lines or less) to draw interesting patterns.
Here is an example to get you started – try different mathematical combinations.
Turtle.Speed = 10
For i = 1 To 600
- Write a program to write and read Morse Code (dots and dashes) or even use sound in some way.
- Write a program to solve quadratic equations, like x2 – 8x +15 = 0 has solutions x = 3 and x = 5.
- Extend it if possible to solve cubic and quartic equations.
- Write a simple Snake game.
- Write a program in which the user will draw something with his mouse.
Then, when he inputs that he is done, the program will replay in real time what the user drew.
- Make a tr (UNIX-like translate) command.
- Draw a Bezier or spline curve.
- Measure pixel width of a text in GraphicsWindow.