Curriculum Challenges 2.6
- Write a program to display 9 Flickr images in a 3 by 3 grid scaled to fit in a grid within the GraphicsWindow.
- Load the 9 Flickr images into an array of ImageList objects and then show one of the images to fill the GraphicsWindow when the user clicks one of the 9 images.
- Make a program that continuously scrolls Flickr images from left to right continuously downloading images – make it as smooth as possible.
- Draw a face in the TextWindow.
Consider using colours (TextWIndow.ForegroundColor and TextWindow.BackgroundColor), suitable characters (Text.GetCharacter) and careful positioning (TextWindow.CursorLeft and TextWindow.CursorRight).
- Write a program that show a reflection of a picture you draw.
- Draw a snowflake with 6 sided symmetry.
- Write a program to calculate the largest number of prime numbers in 1 minute.
- Write a program to simulate a hot air balloon.
Perhaps include a burner.
- The balloon goes up when the total displaced mass of air is greater than the mass of the balloon+basket (Buoyancy). See here, here or here for some ideas.
- The mass of air in the balloon goes down when it is heated (Thermal expansion).
- The air in the balloon slowly cools with time (Conduction, Convection).
- As we go higher the air thins and the mass of air displaced goes down (The balloon has an altitude limit).
- Write a clone of the Simon game.
- Implement the ROT-13 substitution cypher using Small Basic.
For those who are interested, check out the Wikipedia page for ROT-13 which gives lots of details for how it works.
- Calculate the frequency of other pitches while pitch A is 440.00Hz.
- Create a control called “Radio Button”.
- Develop an operation between colors.
- Build an extensible drop-down menu